Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Every time I think that I'm the only one who's lonely Someone calls on me....

... And every now and then I spend my time in rhyme and verse, And curse those faults in me. And then along comes Mary, And does she want to give me kicks, and be my steady chick, And give me pick of memories - Or maybe rather gather tales of all the fails and tribulations No one ever sees? When we met I was sure out to lunch, Now my empty cup tastes as sweet as the punch. When vague desire is the fire in the eyes of chicks Whose sickness is the games they play. And when the masquerade is played and neighbor folks make jokes As who is most to blame today. And then along comes Mary. And does she want to set them free, and let them see reality From where she got her name? And will they struggle much when told that such a tender touch as hers Will make them not the same? When we met I was sure out to lunch, Now my empty cup tastes as sweet as the punch. And when the morning of the warning's passed, the gassed, And flaccid kids are flung across the stars. The psychodramas and the traumas gone, The songs are left unsung and hung upon the scars. And then along comes Mary. And does she want to see the stains, the dead remains of all the pains She left the night before? Or will their waking eyes reflect the lies, and make them Realize their urgent cry for sight no more?? When we met I was sure out to lunch, Now my empty cup tastes as sweet as the punch.

10 comments:

joe said...

When I first heard this song as a teenager in the ealy 80's on an oldies station, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't able to memorize this song. Now after looking at the lyrics, I can understand why...

joe said...

... but it always reminded me of Mary Tyler Moore..

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Good song and one of my favorite pictures of Mary from the TV show. I loved that coat so much, I bought one similar to it way back in the good ole 70's!

joe said...

Even after all these years, that coat still seems in-fashion.

returntoyourdreams said...

Just saw your blog,
really great concept
I love the pics!

http://returntoyourdreams.blogspot.com/

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I had a coat like that!
<><

joe said...

Return: Hey thanks ;^)

Noe: Must've been a popular style. Did you know Robin had one too???

sunnydaze said...

::background singers:: "ba, ba, ba, bah.." LOL. Now I will be singing this song the rest of day. Good thing I like it. It's so refreshing. I love the part about the empty cup being as sweet as the punch. So positive. Love. It. :) Cool pic, too. I wish I were as cute As MTM.

joe said...

... you mean you're NOT??!?!?

C said...

yep i too love that song... and i didnt know the lyrics either... hahaha

Related Posts with Thumbnails